Photobucket

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Butter

Makes a little more than 1 pint 1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, cubed 1/2 Cup Water 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon All Spice Step 1: Peel, Core, and Chop a dozen apples. I used apples from our trip to the Apple Orchard. I’m no apple expert, but these apples were more dense than the apples I typically buy in the grocery store. The flavor was great, but it took longer to break down in the Crockpot. Step 2: Toss the apples in the sugar and spices. Step 3: Put everything in the Crockpot, then [say it with me] Set It, and Forget It! anyone else remember that infomercial? After a few more hours on low, I bumped it to high and propped the lid. it cooked down and thickened quite a bit. Step 4: I suppose it’s optional, but I decided to blend the butter down smooth. You can eat it right out of the Crockpot, I did. I just took a spoon to the Crockpot and dove in, it was divine. However, for the finished product I wanted it smoother and pulled out my Magic Bullet since I don’t own an immersion blender. Then poured it into clean canning jars. So after 15 hours and a dozen apples picked right from the tree, I had 1 pint of delicious apple butter. I froze half the batch and have the other half in the fridge just waiting to be eaten…maybe straight from the jar. http://changingmydestiny.wordpress.com/

No comments: